FortiGate® 80F Series
FG-80F and FG-81F
8 x GE RJ45 ports, 2 x RJ45/SFP shared media WAN ports.
Converged Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and SD-WAN
The FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall 80F series is ideal for building security-driven networks at distributed enterprise sites and transforming WAN architecture at any scale.
With a rich set of AI/ML-based FortiGuard security services and our integrated Security Fabric platform, the FortiGate FortiWiFi 80F series delivers coordinated, automated, end-to-end threat protection across all use cases.
FortiGate has the industry’s first integrated SD-WAN and zero-trust network access (ZTNA) enforcement within an NGFW solution and is powered by one OS. FortiGate FortiWiFi 80F automatically controls, verifies, and facilitates user access to applications, delivering consistency with a seamless and optimized user experience.
FortiOS, Fortinet’s Advanced Operating System
FortiOS enables the convergence of high performing networking and security across the Fortinet Security Fabric. Because it can be deployed anywhere, it delivers consistent and context-aware security posture across network, endpoint, and multi-cloud environments. FortiOS powers all FortiGate deployments whether a physical or virtual device, as a container, or as a cloud service. This universal deployment model enables the consolidation of many technologies and use cases into organically built best-of-breed capabilities, unified operating system, and ultra-scalability. The solution allows organizations to protect all edges, simplify operations, and run their business without compromising performance or protection. FortiOS dramatically expands the Fortinet Security Fabric’s ability to deliver advanced AI/ML-powered services, inline advanced sandbox detection, integrated ZTNA enforcement, and more. It provides protection across hybrid deployment models for hardware, software, and
Software-as-a-Service with SASE.
FortiOS expands visibility and control, ensures the consistent deployment and enforcement of a simplified, single policy and management framework. Its security policies enable centralized management across large-scale networks with the following key attributes:
- Interactive drill-down and topology viewers that display real-time status
- On-click remediation that provides accurate and quick protection against threats and abuses
- Unique threat score system correlates weighted threats with users to prioritize investigations
FortiConverter Service provides hassle-free migration to help organizations transition from a wide range of legacy firewalls to FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls quickly and easily. The service eliminates errors and redundancy by employing best practices with advanced methodologies and automated processes. Organizations can accelerate their network protection with the latest FortiOS technology.
Advanced cloud-delivered URL, DNS (Domain Name System), and Video Filtering providing complete protection for phishing and other web born attacks while meeting compliance.
Additionally, its dynamic inline CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) service is focused on securing business SaaS data, while inline ZTNA traffic inspection and ZTNA posture check provide per-sessions access control to applications. It also integrates with the FortiClient Fabric Agent to extend protection to remote and mobile users.
Advanced content security technologies enable the detection and prevention of known and unknown threats and file-based attack tactics in real-time. With capabilities like CPRL (Compact Pattern Recognition Language), AV, inline Sandbox, and lateral movement protection make it a complete solution to address ransomware, malware, and credential-based attacks.
Advanced security technologies are optimized to monitor and protect IT, IIoT, and OT (Operational Technology) devices against vulnerability and device-based attack tactics. Its validated near-real-time IPS intelligence detects, and blocks known and zero-day threats, provides deep visibility and control into ICS/OT/SCADA protocols, and provides automated discovery, segmentation, and pattern identification-based policies.
Advanced Tools for SOC/NOC
Advanced NOC and SOC management tools attached to your NGFW provide simplified and faster time-to-activation.
Includes tier-one hunting and automation, log location, 24×7 SOC analyst experts, managed firewall and endpoint functions, and alert triage.
Fabric Rating Security Best Practices
Includes supply chain virtual patching, up-to-date risk and vulnerability data to deliver quicker business decisions, and remediation for data breach situations.
Secure Any Edge at Any Scale
Powered by Security Processing Unit (SPU)
Traditional firewalls cannot protect against today’s content- and connection-based threats because they rely on off-the-shelf hardware and general-purpose CPUs, causing a dangerous performance gap. Fortinet’s custom SPU processors deliver the power you need—up to 520Gbps—to detect emerging threats and block malicious content while ensuring your network security solution does not become a performance bottleneck.
Secure SD-WAN ASIC SOC4
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet’s proprietary Security Processing Unit (SPU) content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Delivers industry’s fastest application identification and steering for efficient business operations
- Accelerates IPsec VPN performance for best user experience on direct internet access
- Enables best of breed NGFW Security and Deep SSL Inspection with high performance
- Extends security to access layer to enable SD-Branch transformation with accelerated and integrated switch and access point connectivity
Fortinet is dedicated to helping our customers succeed, and every year FortiCare Services help thousands of organizations get the most from our Fortinet Security Fabric solution. Our lifecycle portfolio offers Design, Deploy, Operate, Optimize, and Evolve services. Operate services offer device-level FortiCare Elite service with enhanced SLAs to meet our customer’s operational and availability needs. In addition, our customized account-level services provide rapid incident resolution and offer proactive care to maximize the security and performance of Fortinet deployments.
Next Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- FortiGuard Labs’ suite of AI-powered Security Services—natively integrated with your NGFW—secures web, content, and devices and protects networks from ransomware and sophisticated cyberattacks
- Real-time SSL inspection (including TLS 1.3) provides full visibility into users, devices, and applications across the attack surface
- Fortinet’s patented SPU (Security Processing Unit) technology provides industry-leading high-performance protection
- FortiGate WAN Edge powered by one OS and unified security and management framework and systems transforms and secures WANs
- Delivers superior quality of experience and effective security posture for work-from-any where models, SD-Branch, and cloud-first WAN use cases
- Achieve operational efficiencies at any scale through automation, deep analytics, and self-healing
- Control access to applications no matter where the user is and no matter where the application is hosted for universal application of access policies
- Provide extensive authentications, checks, and enforce policy prior to granting application access – every time
Agent-based access with FortiClient or agentless access via proxy portal for guest or BYOD
Superior Wireless Coverage
A built-in dual-band, dual-stream access point is integrated on the FortiWiFi 80F series which provides the industry’s latest high-speed WiFi-6 (802.11ax) wireless access.
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
The FortiGate 80F Series features a dedicated module that hardens physical networking appliances by generating, storing, and authenticating cryptographic keys. Hardware-based security mechanisms protect against malicious software and phishing attacks.
Bypass WAN/LAN Mode
The FortiGate 80F Series offers a pair of bypass ports that help organizations avoid network communication interruption due to device faults and improve network reliability.
Access Layer Security
FortiLink protocol enables you to converge security and the network access by integrating the FortiSwitch into the FortiGate as a logical extension of the NGFW. These FortiLink enabled ports can be reconfigured as regular ports as needed.